The criteria are
- Conceals or misrepresents the marketer’s true identity or location.
- Makes demonstrably false claims.
- Guarantees or implies publication.
- Lists fake or stock speakers or committee members.
- Lists real academics without telling them.
- Conceals in whole or part the cost of registration or other fees.
- Lists the same speakers at different conferences on the same days.
Marketers are possibly fraudulent (1 ), probably fraudulent (2) or certainly fraudulent (3 or more violations of these criteria).